Monday, October 31, 2011

Getting Started

  Within the first week of moving into our sweet little rental house I began planning out my garden. The previous renters had cleared a small patch of dirt in the back yard for a garden and I was going to put it to good use! I drew a panting map, bought seeds and away I went. I had a few good ideas to get steady little starts.. I bought a few of those throw away foil baking pans with the lids, put some gravel in the bottom with dirt on top and placed my seeds just under the dirt. Everyday I would place my mini green houses out in the sun and water them with a spray bottle. These worked WONDERS!! I had little leaves poking up in less then a week! It was very very exciting =) \
  Here is a picture of my wonderful garden space and our sweet little house...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment