Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Welcome to my life

  As a girl.. well sometimes even now, I pretend that I'm Laura Ingalls. I would put on my long dress, apron, and carry my basket out into to the woods by our house. For hours I would haul water, bake mud bread, gather berries and firewood. I always said one day I will live just like her. Now that I am married and have a house of my own I don't have to pretend anymore. Today I bake my bread with flour, grow my own food, wash my laundry with homemade detergent, and mend my own clothes. Some may say its hard work, but I enjoy every bit of it.
  People call me some domestic queen, but to me its a simple and basic way of life. Its easy if you put your mind to it! The joy of saving money, making it myself, and leaving a smaller footprint are all worth the work. I would like this blog to inspire you to make it from scratch, instead of out of a can or box... to grow it yourself, instead of spending more at the store.. and most importantly have a blast doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment